I had a good friend ask me for a couple of blogs and publications to read to get up-to-speed on the new media space as she interviews for marketing positions in her last year of business school. I thought I’d share them with everyone while I was at it. Keep in mind, this isn’t my complete list of new media blogs, but the ones I thought would be most helpful for her starting out.
- Tara Hunt at Horse, Pig, Cow – Knowledgeable on the field, and focuses a little more on the societal aspects of this (for instance, she’s conducting Hero Camp next week, which I very regrettably can’t go to).
- Tom O’Brien at A Human Voice
- Adam Cohen at a thousand cuts – He’s a numbers guy by profession (works in SEO) but has great insight all around. Also a really nice guy.
- Chris Brogan – He’s very knowledgeable and very well-respected in the field. He writes frequently and is usually on top of the industry.
- Zach Hofer-Shall at &. – Does a good job of highlighting the shift between old Web and Web 2.0. And again, a nice guy.
- The Collective Intellect Blog
- HubSpot’s Blog – Good for numbers and measurement stuff. And they’re pretty light-hearted. Oh, and cool product to boot.
- iMedia Connection – Great for everything, they have a ton of industry experts writing for them.
- David Armano at Logic & Emotion
- Mashable – Good for industry news.
- Brian Solis at PR 2.0
- Mitch Joel at Twist Image – I like this blog a lot, it’s on top/ahead of things.
- Social Media Explorer
I also gave her this blog.
Do you have any to add? Feel free to pass along a link.