HubSpot added a new tool to its Grader suite, today. The Marketing Grader – a replacement for HubSpot’s Website Grader tool - analyzes 30+ measures of marketing effectiveness and grades the business on a 1-100 scale.
Taking the concept of website grading a step further, Marketing Grader evaluates performance at the “top of the funnel” (the ability to generate new interest and traffic), “the middle of the funnel” (whether that traffic converts into prospects, leads and customers) and analytics (measuring and comparing the right things). These are all key metrics that HubSpot has been focusing on for years with clients internally.
The goal of the Marketing Grader is to help companies answer the following questions:
- Is my marketing more or less effective than my competition? (Competitive Benchmarking)
- Are my marketing efforts generating enough leads and sales? (Lead Generation)
- Is my web presence optimized for mobile devices? (Mobile Marketing)
- How effectively are we using Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter in our marketing? (Social Media)
- Is my blog driving results that justify the time investment or are we wasting time doing the wrong things? (Blogging)
- What are the strong points and shortcomings in our marketing? (Overall Analysis)
After the tool crunches the numbers for you, it then gives you several “things to do” to improve that particular metric. For instance, Other Side Group scores a 70% at the top of the funnel, but one of the things HubSpot says we could be doing better is getting people to share our content (hey, share this post!).
To demo, HubSpot graded all 5 Republican Presidential candidates to create the below infographic:
Another great tool by HubSpot, well worth a look!