As part of Syracuse University’s 2013 Commencement ceremonies, we used a great tool called RebelMouse to curate social content and present it to our larger, global audience. We even got Rebel of the Week!
- Allows for curation of user-generated social content from across a variety of platforms, using a variety of functions (hashtags, search terms, etc).
- Allows for varying levels of automation, from fully automated (based on platform or hashtags, for the most part) to fully manual using a “draft” mode.
- Ability to create a page/tab structure similar to a website.
- Embedding feature with real-time updating of content.
- We set up a RebelMouse page with pre-determined sections (see below) and pre-determined search terms.
- Everything was set up for manual input, as we needed to have full control over the content that was submitted.
- We ran and promoted to RebelMouse page all week, continually updating content.
- On Saturday and Sunday, we embedded the RebelMouse page onto our homepage.
- On Sunday, we had it running on the homepage just below the livestream of our University Commencement ceremony.
RebelMouse page for Syracuse University Commencement 2013
RebelMouse on the Syracuse University homepage
Here’s a clip of me talking about the process and how it enhanced the overall experience of SU’s Commencement (as part of Penn State’s Social Media Summit).